The Miscellaneous Ramblings Of A Saved Soul

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The World's Funniest Joke

Through an online poll, the world's funniest joke was revealed after a year long search by scientists. A hundred thousand people around the world cast their vote on forty thousand jokes. And here it is...

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

According to Richard Wiseman, the joke is interesting because it works across many different countries. Many of the jokes submitted got higher ratings from certain groups of people but this joke had universal appeal.

Another joke I liked a lot was the top joke in the UK.

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!” The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “The driver just insulted me!” The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i prefer the second joke. the first one is OLD!

Unknown said...

i vote fot the second joke!

Anonymous said...

I've heard the 2nd joke before and it still makes me laugh, maybe cos I've got the UK sense of humour. Thanks for reminding me and making me have my daily chuckle!

If we're voting, count mine on joke No. 2...

Anonymous said...

Whispers:
If you think the first joke is old...check outFlip Wilson's (60's-70's) comedy routines for ugly baby jokes.m